by: Editor on 9/8/2014
There is only one thing in the state of Arizona that surpasses the beauty of Sedona and that is the Grand Canyon. Just a short 2 hour drive North of Sedona sits the amazing and massive Grand Canyon carved out over thousands of years by the Colorado River. Why not take a short ride and visit the Grand Canyon. Before you head out on your quick trip to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Book reservations early. This popular destination fills up on both activities and dinner reservations way in advance.
- Take a rain coat. It is monsoon season and the monsoons can mess up your day if you are not prepared.
- Don’t miss the visitor center. It is filled with great information!
- Take extra batteries. This is the perfect picture opportunity. Don’t miss out because you don’t have enough battery power for your camera after the first 500 pictures.
- Watch the kids! There isn’t a fence all along the rim. Many areas you can walk out and fall right off into the deep, deep canyon. Keep an eye and a hand on the little ones!
- Be prepared for crowds. This time of year is the peak season for visitors at the Grand Canyon. Be patient and courteous as everyone is there to see the amazing vastness and enjoy it just as you and your family are doing.
- Take advantage of the ranger programs. There are many talks, walks, hikes and story time available. Take some time to join one of these programs and learn so much more about the canyon.
For park hours, directions and more information, be sure to check out the National Parks website.
by: Editor on 7/17/2014
It has been a rough summer here in Sedona with the forest fires and closures in the area. Many tourists and visitors have not had the chance to enjoy the extent of beauty our area holds dear. Many have been scared away by the news of the fires as well as closure of Oak Creek Canyon. Fortunately, we are here to tell you that all is well in Sedona and there is still much activity going on in our area.
We still have the same beauty as before with the towering red rocks and canyons that we call home. While Slide Rock and other areas remain closed due to weather conditions and precautionary measures, we are proud to say that here at Best Western Sedona we have Oak Creek waterfront access! With creek side villas available and over 600 feet of riverfront access and swimming holes. Book your weekend stay with us and enjoy what many can’t. Take in the sun while cooling off in the cool waters of Oak Creek.
Our mission is that you will have a peaceful and enjoyable stay with us here at Best Western. Our staff strives to make you feel at home. Reservations can be made online or by calling us at . Come and enjoy a relaxing weekend here in Sedona and see all that we have to offer.
by: Christy on 10/11/2013
Get a head start on your Holiday shopping at the Sedona Arts Festival this weekend! Find unique gifts created by over 125 artists from across the country. There will be sculptures, jewelry, paintings, ceramics, and much more! The Festival will be held at Red Rock High School on October 12th & 13th, from 9 am-4 pm. Admission: $10 Adults, $9 seniors/students, 12 & under free!
by: Christy on 10/2/2013
Visit Sedona on October 19th from 1:30pm-4pm to see 30 Nationally recognized Plein Air artists along the sidewalks of Uptown working on their paintings! They will each complete their painting within 2 1/2 hours!
Stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas to be just steps from where the action will be happening in Uptown Sedona!
The event is Free. Sponsored by the Sedona Main Street Program and presented with Sedona Arts.
by: Christy on 9/12/2013
With Fall just on the horizon, it is almost time for the leaves in Sedona to transform from lush green to vibrant reds, golds, and yellows that compliment the colors of Sedona’s Red Rocks. October is the perfect time to visit Sedona and experience the Fall season and gorgeous weather. Guests of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas are invited to enjoy over 600 feet of private frontage on Oak Creek, where you can relax with the sound of the bubbling water while experiencing the colors of the towering Oak and Sycamore Trees that canopy Oak Creek. Click here for rooms and availability at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas.
by: Christy on 7/26/2013
Get ready for a day filled with cowboy fun in Uptown Sedona. The free event will be held in the Uptown Sedona area on Saturday, July 27th from 10am-8pm. Feel like you’re in the ‘Ol West with gunfights, roping, music, and re-enactments. It will be a fun filled day the whole family can enjoy!
Be sure to reserve a room at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas. Located in Uptown Sedona, it’s the perfect place to stay where you can walk to all of the action!