by: Editor on 8/13/2015
A family getaway isn’t the same unless you have all members of the family, including your four legged family members. As a Sedona pet friendly hotel we encourage our guests to bring even the furriest of family members with you when you visit with us. While traveling with pets can be fun, it can also be challenging so we have a few pet travel tips for you.
– Arizona is hot, now and usually throughout the year so be sure to have lots of water available for your pet, even when in an air conditioned car.
– Always secure your pet in a well ventilated crate while traveling.
While Fido may love to hang his head out the window and allow the wind to blow through his luscious locks, there are lots of safety hazards that could become a serious issue for him.
– Stop frequently to allow your pet to relieve himself. As we all know, there is nothing worse than having to hold it for a long time.
– Be sure to have contact information on your pet’s collar or have your pet microchipped in the event they try to head out and explore our glorious red rock formations without you.
– Never, never, never leave your pet alone in your car, especially with the windows rolled up. As hot as it gets, it is even hotter in the car and very dangerous for both pets and humans.
Upon your arrival we will have your pet friendly room awaiting you. We even have dog beds available to make sure your pet also has a comfortable and relaxing night’s stay with us. For more information on our Sedona pet friendly hotel policy and for reservations, visit us online. Should you have any questions, give us a call and our friendly hotel staff will be happy to assist you in any way we can. We look forward to having you visit with us soon and wish you safe travels.