by: Editor on 1/16/2015
Arizona is proud to be the host of Superbowl XLIX this year. Rich in history and beauty, our great state has so much to offer visitors. While there isn’t much time left before the big game, you still have time to plan your travel and things to do while in town.
Take a quick trip North to beautiful and peaceful Sedona. Find out why so many call our area one of the most beautiful places in the country. With so much to offer, you will find Sedona the perfect place to relax for a day or two.
The majestic surroundings of beautiful red rocks like you have never seen before will make you wonder why you never visited before. Bring you hiking shoes and take a refreshing afternoon hike of enjoy the sunset while at dinner on a patio overlooking Oak Creek.
With numerous outdoor activities and beautiful sights, Sedona is the perfect getaway to enjoy a nice relaxing evening without the hustle and bustle of crowds and the city. Let us show you how to relax in style. Enjoy one of our creekside villas or a comfortable, spacious room that will make you feel as if you are at a five star resort on a one star budge. We have affordable rates but don’t be fooled by our prices, our luxury is out of this world. Reservations a fast and easy on our website. We look forward to seeing you soon!
by: Editor on 8/20/2014
Beautiful and breath taking Sedona is known throughout the United States for the rare and spectacular red rock formations that surround the city. Ideal for pictures, hiking and watching a beautiful sunset, these red rocks are the perfect backdrop for a relaxing day or evening. Many travel from all over the world to see these Sedona’s red rocks that are unique to this area and this area only.
Sedona sits at 4500 feet elevation which is at the base of the Mogollon Rim. Erosion has eaten at the rim over time leaving spectacular portions of the rim in clear view and creating some of the most amazing canyons and buttes around.
Sedona’s red rocks are iconic glow a brilliant red and orange in the rising or setting sunlight. One might wonder how the rocks became so colorful. While the answer is not simple as it takes millions of years for these rock layers to become so majestic, we can sum the answer up for you in a simple reply: The unique red rocks that puts Sedona on the map is due to the presence of hematite, also known as rust (iron-oxide), that stains the rock layers. A thin layer of iron-oxide coats each grain of sand in the sandstone. A minimal amount, when exposed to groundwater, becomes a small sample of red dye that stains the sand when it hits groundwater and turns the rocks red before they emerge from underground.
While it has taken a very long time for these picturesque formations to reach their current state it only takes a moment to marvel in their beauty. Knowing that these rocks hold millions of years of geological history it makes the surroundings of Sedona that much more amazing.
by: Editor on 6/23/2014
Sedona is a great place to visit and explore but there are plenty of interesting facts that make this beautiful get-away even more interesting.
– Sedona’s elevation is 4,500 feet above sea level
– The highest point in Sedona is Coffee Pot Rock at 5,600 feet above sea level.
– The canyon walls of Sedona show nine layers of stone from different geological periods that span over hundreds of millions of years.
– Two landmark rock formations look similar to characters from a popular comic strip – Snoopy on top of his doghouse and Lucy
– Sedona’s vortexes are a popular draw for many spiritual seeking visitors and new age thinkers.
– More than 90 feature films and countless videos and commercials have been shot in the Sedona area including Billy the Kid and 3:10 to Yuma.
– John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, Elvis Presley, Johnny Depp, and Robert Deniro have all starred in movies shot in the Sedona area.
– Sedona has more National Monuments and National Parks than any other state.
– The sun shines over 300 days out of the year which is more than Florida.
– Sedona has over 2 million visitors each year
Come visit one of the most beautiful places in the United States and see why so many visit each year. Filled with beauty and entrancing surroundings, you will fall in love with our town. Be sure to book your hotel in Sedona with us. We look forward to having you visit.