Sedona Fun Facts
by: Editor on 6/23/2014
Sedona is a great place to visit and explore but there are plenty of interesting facts that make this beautiful get-away even more interesting.
– Sedona’s elevation is 4,500 feet above sea level
– The highest point in Sedona is Coffee Pot Rock at 5,600 feet above sea level.
– The canyon walls of Sedona show nine layers of stone from different geological periods that span over hundreds of millions of years.
– Two landmark rock formations look similar to characters from a popular comic strip – Snoopy on top of his doghouse and Lucy
– Sedona’s vortexes are a popular draw for many spiritual seeking visitors and new age thinkers.
– More than 90 feature films and countless videos and commercials have been shot in the Sedona area including Billy the Kid and 3:10 to Yuma.
– John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, Elvis Presley, Johnny Depp, and Robert Deniro have all starred in movies shot in the Sedona area.
– Sedona has more National Monuments and National Parks than any other state.
– The sun shines over 300 days out of the year which is more than Florida.
– Sedona has over 2 million visitors each year
Come visit one of the most beautiful places in the United States and see why so many visit each year. Filled with beauty and entrancing surroundings, you will fall in love with our town. Be sure to book your hotel in Sedona with us. We look forward to having you visit.